WHO WE ARE
We find inspiration in God’s word.
God tells amazing stories. The Bible is overflowing with heroes, romance, action and comedy. The Bible challenges and transforms. Stories inspired from it should do the same.
We create modern stories that tell God’s timeless truth.
By uniting beautiful and moving film with reliable and straightforward biblical teaching, we help today’s media-oriented culture EXPERIENCE TRUTH in the language they best understand.
We speak His truth, even when it’s messy.
We paint a picture of real life: the beauty, the pain, the falls, and the recovery – we show how God redeems everything. And we want to equip you, so you can too.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in one God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
-We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, The Son of God, the eternal Word, the one and only Savior- Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, both fully human and fully divine; Who lived a sinless life; Who suffered and was crucified as an atonement for sin; Who rose again bodily from the dead on the third day; Who ascended into Heaven; and Who will return in victory to rule forever.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit.- Who convicts of sin; Who indwells every Christian; Who helps us in our weakness and intercedes for us in prayer; and Who empowers us to a fruitful Christian life.
We believe in the Bible – God’s Holy Word, Scripture.
- We believe God inspired the original writings of the Scripture and those writings were consequently without error.
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith, truth, morality, and Christian living.
- We believe the Bible teaches that God is the Creator and Sustainer of human life; that God creates each person in His image; and that life is therefore sacred, from conception to natural death. We believe that God creates each person as male or female; that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the “image of God” in humankind; and that each person’s biological gender is an intrinsic, immutable aspect of his or her nature and identity.
- We believe the Bible teaches that God established marriage in the beginning as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman; that He has reserved sexual intimacy as an expression of love and commitment between married couples; and that any intimate expression of sexuality outside of Biblical marriage is sin.
We believe in one Gospel – the Good News of Salvation.
- That man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- That salvation – the forgiveness of sins – is only by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- That one receives salvation by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, and confessing Christ, and that the Bible commands every believer in Christ to be baptized by immersion.
- That those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ are sent into the world to proclaim the gospel and to love and serve the world just as Jesus Himself did.
Our products are beautiful and moving, culturally relevant and thought provoking. They stand apart in the industry because of their cinematic nature. They are trusted worldwide because they’re biblically accurate, the highest quality, easy to use and reach right to the heart.
We are a team of creatively gifted, passionate believers. Our production team brings stories to life. The studio team creates easy-to-use resources and keeps you informed. Everything we do is in collaboration with pastors across the nation who help us create compelling, biblically accurate resources.
City on a Hill Productions is a 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry that relies on donor support. Do you believe in the power of media to reach the world with the gospel? Your partnership with us provides free resources to ministries in need, keeps relevant resources and ministry tools in the hands of pastors and lay leaders, and strengthens future ministry through our high school filmmaking curriculum, CityU.
Many churches and ministries simply can’t afford resources and tools that could revolutionize their congregation and community. Let’s change that. Participating in CityGives can be as easy as passing on your used materials. There are many ways you can get involved and help make an eternal difference for ministries around the world